Here's some good info:
Medicare 2019 Part B Premiums, Deductible and CoinsuranceMedicare Part B covers two areas of services:
- Medically Necessary Services – those needed to diagnose and treat medical conditions that meet qualified and accepted standards of medical practice.
- Preventive Care Services – Services and care needed to prevent illnesses like the flu, or detect conditions at an early stage when treatment has the highest possibility to work best.
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Inpatient and Outpatient Mental health
- Ambulance services
- Clinical research
- Outpatient prescription drugs on a limited basis.
In 2019, the Medicare Part B deductible will be $183. Once the deductible has been met, the recipient is responsible for paying twenty percent coinsurance of the Medicare-approved amount for the following:
- Most doctor visits and services. These include the services of a doctor while you are patient at a hospital.
- Outpatient therapy services.
- Durable Medical Equipment.